Elder Brendin Crandall

Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission Februaray 16, 2011 -2013 Link to Movie http://bcove.me/19tnef84

Address for Elder Crandall to copy and past

Elder Brendin Crandall
Miss. Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos
Rua Euzebio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina, Sao Paulo, Sp
CEP: 05638-100
Brazil

Monday, December 12, 2011

Rain rain go away

First of all I think São Paulo wins for the most rain in one day award haha.I have so much stuff that is absolutely wet, luckily I bought some new shoes that are more water proof than my others. (by the way dad your type of shoes are by far the most uncomfortable and I used them 4 times and they needed glue haha so I bought another pair that is pretty sweet).

Tell Shirley thanks for the kind and loving email, She has been a second mother to me and I am so happy to hear her testimony one last time (without the tears this time haha). Hope she is liking the weather in Idaho, it should be pretty cold by now.

Well this week has been another ruff and tuff week as usual. I don't want to give you too many details just to let you know that its getting pretty tuff down here. I have truly witnessed the vicious cycle here in Brazil. I cry almost every night thinking about this and realized how much I am fighting against it. Here in Brazil I am sure you have heard of Favelas before is not imagine a shanty town in America and multiply it by 6. I am so sad to see this down here and I want to help them so bad but I can't. The other day we meet a women who is 27 years old and we found out that she is already a grandmother. So with that though in mind think of how old she was when she had a baby and when her baby had a baby. Unfortunately Satan has gotten a firm grasp not only on this people, but their generations. The parents go out and drink and sleep with people, and the children see this and they do the same thing, until  its something normal. The worst part is the music they play here, just ask Sandra to explain "Funk" for you. It is pretty much Porn in music form and the more I am learning Portuguese the more I am understanding how awful it is. No joke I enter the favela and I can feel that music killing the spirit, that is why it is so hard to teach here. Please pray for these people, I have been wrestling this ever since I got here. It is also impossible to find someone's address here because there are so many vielas "Alleys" that it is impossible to find a house. The other day I found 3 ¨26B....now why would they have 26B 3 times and não 26A 26B 26C ahhh it is so ridiculous here haha. I love my area and I love this people, I really want to help them, but honestly I don't know how anymore. Please pray for them. I find a lot of comfort in Alma 31:31 were alma is giving a prayer for his people. Transfers are the 20th and I hope I don't have to leave my area before Christmas, I really want to stay here when the new chapel opens and actually start helping people go to church again. Our chapel building isn't the greatest in the world and the location is behind a whore house...yea so that kind of draws away the spirit. Just two more Sundays until we get to enter the new chapel and there is going to be so much more success here I know it! Thanks once again for the emails and letters I love you all so very much and Feliz Natal!

Braço Elder Crandall

P.S The best church film in the world that I want for Christmas if you can find it is called "17 Miracles".

No comments:

Post a Comment