This week was very exciting and very different. Right now I am super close to the mission office, in fact the elders of mission office are in my Zone so I am able to receive and send stuff without any problem. For example I finally received my package! I ate all the fishy crackers (they were amazing please send more haha) and I love the tie parabéns who ever picked it out. Also we are having a blast with the launchers as you can tell by the video. Also we are living in an apartment in Vila Andrade or better known Paraisópolis land of the french fries haha there is a member here who sells them so almost every day we eat some haha. Our area is half rich and half...not so rich (favela) which is awesome its an organized favela with a lot of people ready to hear the gospel. Our zone has baptized 21 so far and have one more week to baptize mais 6.
Oh mom speaking of feeling home sick and showing how not worried I am the last elder who was here is from Arizona and he ended his mission last week and his parents came up to visit him and they stopped by at lunch on Saturday. So I got to meet his parents and help translate for them como eles não sabem como falar português rsrs.
Also on Sunday we had a very intense day... So our chapel building is 5 stories tall and the sports court is at the top...yea chique, and its is awesome! Later that day there was a meeting that we were invited to participate so we went and unfortunately we showed up late. When we got there we went in and got into one of two elevators and went up to the 3rd story and when we got there everything was turned off and dark, so we thought that the meeting ended so we used the bathroom real quick and went back down. When we got down it was also dark and we thought who turned off the lights? then we got to the door and the door was LOCKED! we got locked inside the church and there is no way of unlocking it from inside haha! So after calling and waiting for 30 minutes we were free! But that's not all that happened, after we locked the church we went to go cross the street. The street in front is an avenue and it was almost 8 30 at night so we waited until the cars stopped passing to cross. The problem was we crossed only half the street and we got stuck in the middle of the street. My companion is crazy when it comes to crossing the street he thinks he owns the road and hardly thinks about it so we got stuck in the middle, and after a few seconds I thought wow I hope no one hits us…just as I thought that I felt something swipe my butt really fast and I looked over at my com´panion on my right and he gets swiped by the car. Hits his rear end and he takes of the mirror and part of the plastic bumper of the car, he is thrown back as the cell phone and his glasses were thrown forward. Luckily there were not a lot of cars in our front and he wasn't thrown in the street and stayed in the middle still. He was very lucky but he ripped his pants, broke his glasses and bruised his butt haha. So we walked home and called it a day haha all is well we are fine, just my companion Elder Juliatti from Minas Gerais has to work without glasses for a few days haha. Love you all and I loved the pictures and give a hug to Ella and to meu PAI...PARABÉNS Pra VOCÊ!!! Happy Birthday!!!
Elder Crandall
No comments:
Post a Comment