Well I don't think any news gets up to the states, but this week my area is famous again. There was a lot of shoot outs and people dying because of the drug dealers here. But don't worry after the first few days it got really calm. There was a lot of police here like police on horses, police bikers, SUV's with heavily armed police and my favorite was the helicopters with spot lights with snipers that was pretty cool. We had to return home early Tuesday and Wednesday, but after that it got really calm. There is no more stolen motorcycles that rev their engines at 3 in the morning, everyone is riding with a helmet, there are less people on the street, and things are looking really great here. As you can tell by the videos we had a lot of free time because we had to go home early so we decided to us our time wisely. Thanks mom for the socks and Gold Fish I am already running out so I am looking forward to the next one haha. Also the bishops daughters are asking if I can send down some ring pops for them haha yea so if you could send 2 down here that would be great.
I haven't cooked anything in my cooker yet, I will wait until I get home to get that sucker going. You are going to love the food here, defiantly one of the things I will miss here.
Hey Nate is home!! One down one more to go! A fim se-aproxima, but I am staying focused and trying to take advantage of my time here. I love Brazil and I love the people who live in Paraisopolis, the are a great and loving people, don't judge them by their brick houses and violance on the street because the people that I know and teach everyday are some of the greatest people I have ever meet. I want some pictures from that RM (ready to marry) and tell him that the same rules apply to him that he can't marry until I get home so tell him to set goals and make plans only after I get home haha.
Natal 1,000 is coming up and we are starting to get things ready to baptized 1,000 people next month. We only need to baptize 10 people next month so we will be needing a lot of prayers for sure. Thanks for the letters and support that you have all given me and tell Cailean Kohagen thanks for the letters and send a hug to all the little ones that sent me a letter.
Boa Semna pra vocês
More adventures with Elder Crandall Next time
I see Brendin got his package ha-ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment