Well this will be my last blog entre, who better to finish it up then me right. So This Blog will show us how my last few days as a missionary was and how my trip with my parents went which you will see the great miracles of our trip so tune in and enjoy!
Sunday Feb 12th: My last Sunday at church was a very emotional day. My last full day of work as a missionary. I gave my farewell talk, which I used my experience of when me and my companion chose not to cross the crosswalk and suffered an accident and I compared it to the Gospel Crosswalk of Jesus Christ that we are free to choose to walk its path and be saved from harm or choose to do our way which may seem to be the easiest way. Took a picture with all the Elders that frequent the same church building. We then taught the 5 families that we found especially Regiane who will be baptized on Saturday. It was very weird teaching and testifying of baptism and importance of going to church because I knew I would not be there. Also not writing in my planner when our next visit would be haha so I won`t be needing those anymore.
More then 16 different planners, individually modified with pictures and laminated. After we got home and prayed and I took my very worn out shoes I begun the very long process of packing. I slept very well that night knowing that I gave it my all, but still a little worried because I haven`t planned for my parents arrival and all the small details, but I felt in my heart that I was to calm and that the Lord would provide a way.
Monday: Wow what a day haha the best Pday of my whole mission. I went to the mission office and got dropped off and I stayed with two of the 10 other missionaries that day and we went to Embu das artes. We went to the best Acai and Pastel place in the city! There was an open market that day and I got some goodies and saw some nice art and just hung out taking pictures and having a good time. Then got back to the Mission Office and ate of course PIZZA!
Tuesday and Wednesday: I was left at the mission office because all the Elders from my group all went home so I just chilled at the office for a bit. On Wednesday the assistants asked if I could leave with them to teach a few people and I agreed and while we were walking to their area the worst happened. It rained like no other! I was completely drenched and the area we went to the sewers backed up and all the water was brown and we had no choice, but to move on. We taught the 2 families and because of the rain and my 3rd testimony 5 people were baptize the following Sunday how cool. I went back to the mission office and went away trying to clean my clothes and dry them off before my family arrived. The assistance were pretty cool and talked me into another pizza. You might be thinking wow all they eat down there is pizza right, well for the missionaries yes we do haha beans, rice, and PIZZA the three main food groups.
Thursday was the BIG ARRIVAL! (see 1st picture top of page) It was great to hug my mom and dad again and to catch up on things. I showed them around as we waited for my mission president to arrive so he can release me. After a good wait he showed up and we had a great conversation together were he ready 2 timothy 4:7 (which is my title) and he released me just like that I was a normal person again.
And we meet up with Sandra Cavalcanti which was a miracle that we managed to have a good friend that lived so close to the mission office that we could stay with. We were lucky and got out of the rain just in time. We started our planning of which places we wanted to visit and I got some Bilhete Unico (bus pass) for my parents and we were off for some great adventures.
We stayed right next to the temple
The following day we went to Pico do Jaragua with the Cavalcantis and their parents and we saw an amazing view
We had to work for it thought, look at all the stairs
My mission seemed huge, there was a lot of people in a relative small area, but when we got up to the top of the peak I was amazed at how large the City actually was. There is no start or end it just keeps going and going!
People get this funny impression that Brazil is just a bunch of trees and dirt filled with monkeys and Indians, well I’m sorry I have to tell you but this was the first time while I was in Brazil that I saw monkeys and trees like this so yea it’s more of a concrete jungle then anything else, at least for Sao Paulo.
We then went to park Ibirapuera. They have nice ponds, trees, lots of grass, and lots of room to ride a bike or skateboard
At night we went to Cotia my last area and saw the baptism of Regiane the daughter of Marcia and Samuel two people that I had baptized earlier.
Sunday was a great day, we went to Paraisopolis my second to last area which I stayed 6 months there and loved it so much I wanted my parents to see it too. We took the bus and we headed over to the Favela.
At church we meet a few of the recent converts that I baptized (left to right Cristiane, Ilda, Meire, Vinicious)
We had a great lunch with a family I baptized. It was nice to spend time with them at their house. Their family is from Peru.
Then we went to Gildasio’s house to eat some more food and sing happy birthday to his daughter. If you have ever wondered how they sing happy birthday in Brazil just watch this clip and you will be wanting this song to be sung to you on your next special day
Little did we know the Lord prepared a way for us to have a super fun experience on at the beach. My dad was talking to Igor(a popular name in Brazil) the man in the middle and he said that his parents have a beach house on the coast of Guaruja and said we can stay there if we wanted to. So with little planning and just relying on the Lord Igor got the go ahead and he called his buddy Rafael who has a big car to bring us and our luggage on Tuesday to the beach house.
Monday we had a beautiful adventure to Embu das Artes were my family got to know the great acai and pastel that I mentioned earlier. It’s a touristic town and even though the stores were not open we saw the fine art and craftsmanship of the houses.
Then on Tuesday we had a blast at the Guaruja Beach
And look what fun we had out there when we found this big toy
We then walked about 2 miles to get to a cool aquarium on the beach, I didn’t have a shirt with me so they made me buy a shirt which was actually a good shirt.
We all had a great experience in Brazil, the people are warm and very open always looking to help like Sandra and Marcio Cavalcanti lending us their place to stay. Also Igor setting us up at the Beach House in Guaruja and Rafael his friend for driving us down. We can all learn a great lesson of service and kindness as they went out of their way to make our experience priceless. The Lord truly took care of us and assured me while my days of a missionary were shortening that I should continue to work hard until the end and he would prepare the rest, I found out that this principle is true and we will all learn it at the day of the Resurrection when we see how much the Lord has prepared for us when we gave it our best here upon the earth.
After a nice long week in Brazil it was time for me to say goodbye and move on to:
ARGENTINA
We arrived in Argentina after a 6 hour flight and we were picked up buy a private chauffer which was very nice. Then we went through the big city of Buenos Aires, well not as big as Sao Paulo but they did have the widest road in the World. Anyways we arrived at our hotel and we saw how high class our hotel really was. Super soft beds, great smell of lemon verbena, clean sheets, free water, nice TV, and internet, all high class stuff. Thanks to my mom who won the trip to Argentina.
We were served a 5 star breakfast everyday and just loved the food, we loved the rolls so much that we stuffed our pockets full of them every time when we went out exploring. One of our exploring adventures is a tour to a grave site which I never thought would be interesting but apparently it was. We saw the grave of Eva Perón
We then had an adventure at the Zoo and saw many new animals and funny elephants.
As Buenos Aires is well know for their meat we definably took advantage of our trip and ate steak 4 nights in a row…that’s a lot of meat!
We took some shots in some nice parks that they have there with many monuments and next to the widest street in the world.
And to top it all off we went to a tango show at a very fancy restaurant which we ate of course a lot of meat.
Then after a long and fun trip we had to say goodbye again and make our 17 hour flight home
This trip all seemed to be too good to be true the fact that my mom won a trip (which she never wins anything) to Argentina exactly a week after I finished my mission was not by chance. Everything worked out perfectly, I will have to say that was the only trip that I have been on that EVERY little thing worked out great. We will remember this trip forever that’s for sure, too bad we didn’t win any tickets for the rest of you to come down. Hopefully these pictures and videos gives you a feel of our long and fun adventure. Thanks so much for following my blog and especially for all the prayers, every prayer made a difference.
TCHAU ATE MAIS!
No comments:
Post a Comment