Elder Brendin Crandall

Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission Februaray 16, 2011 -2013 Link to Movie http://bcove.me/19tnef84

Address for Elder Crandall to copy and past

Elder Brendin Crandall
Miss. Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos
Rua Euzebio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina, Sao Paulo, Sp
CEP: 05638-100
Brazil

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ficei mais velho!

Wow I am 20 years old Que isto! I never would have thought that I would be turning 20 years old in the favelas de Brazil. The weather on my birthday is usually hot up in the states and down here is Brazil it is still freakin hot. I thought it was suppose to be going into its cold season down here haha. My birthday was pretty traquilo it was on a Sunday so I was scrambling to try and get people to come to church and so on. The sisters in Guarapiranga fazerem bolo or cake for me that was really good. Then today for p day we went to a members house with all the elders in our district and we had a feast! Rice and Beans all day baby! Don´t worry dad I still had pancakes on Fathers day, but it was a different kind of pancake it was filled with rice and meat. I miss strawberry's and waffles with syrup! ahhh Were is the Peanut butter haha! Dad happy Fathers day! I love having my birthday on the same day as fathers day because we can celebrate together. I guess when I was born I was a present for you on fathers day haha. I will spend one more fathers day here in brazil, but I promise when I get back we will have a huge party.

Mom thank you for the photos. So things with my companion are slowly getting better, I found that if I just try to serve him in the smallest ways I  developed a love to work with him. We are both very different in almost every way haha. Except for our skin color haha. We are teaching a new investigator named Jefferson and I had the opportunity to teach him when my companion went on splits with another elder. I gave him a book of Mormon and he was very excited to read it. I promised him a lot of blessing and the fact that the Lord still calls profits in nossas dias. E depois... don´t know why I am typing in portages sorry. so after I invited him to be baptized and he said yes! He knew baptism is the right thing for him right now in his life. I then told him the date we are having another baptism which is the 9th of July and he said uhhh there is a small problem, I am being baptized on the first day of July in the Baptist Church....I was kind of shocked because no one has given me a response like that before haha. So I marked another day we could pass by and told him to read the book of Mormon and pray about what we have taught and he would know what to do. This week has been especially hard for us. All of our appointment are falling through and even our lunch appointments so we have been eating food from street vendors and buying Salgados which are supper yummy! I made a little note book were I can jot down words that I hear or forget throughout the day which has been helping a little bit. I am still learning and my goal is to be fluent in this language by the end of July. My first step is to know how to do all the common things like asking people directions and stuff like that by the end of this month. I am doing better with my street contacts and people are understanding me a little better. I still need to work on it, but we managed to get a lot of potential investigators this week. I am looking forward to what this week has in store, I hope that I can make a difference in this area in a positive way, I am trying to obey every single rule and do my maximum and hope that the spirit will do the conversion and cover for my lack of the language. Keep praying for the missionaries especially for my companion that he may be able to train me well enough to be a district or trainer by next transfer. My biggest problem so far on the mission is my memory. I am forgetting words and stuff like crazy on my mission. It is driving me crazy all the stuff I have been forgetting lately. I love all of you so very much and pray that our power bill will get to the secretaries in time before we loose our power haha. I love my mission it has so many adventures in every little detail. No one day is the same as the other haha.

Love you all so much

Eu Amo vocês! Ficam firme and forte até o pó!

Elder Crandall

P.S Mom pray that my peanut butter will arrive here haha

No comments:

Post a Comment