Another great week here in Paradic paraiso de paraisópolis haha. This week just to start off with was super Cold! It came out of no were and everyone started to use cloths again so that part was good, but the wind was super cold and felt like I was in Idaho again. Then it started to heat up again and I switch from my two long sleeve shirts that I rarely use to my 3 super used shirts which are hanging in there by a few threads...literally haha. I got some new pants so I am now styling with them and things are going really well here. This week there wasn't that much funk, and parties, and half naked women so that was a good thing. Also we succeeded in our monthly goal for our Zone and also our area so another good thing. Things are looking pretty great from down here and I hope I can stay here in Paraisópoli another 3 transfers. Yea I found out that I only have 3 transfers left before I am done soooo not to be thinking too much about home the nice beaches here in brazil are in Recifi, Pernabouco also Salvador Bahia and here in São Paulo I don't think there is too many good beaches because people come here just to work not to go sightseeing. I am sure Sandra and Marcio Cavalcanti should know a few good places to go. For me I just want you guys to know a few people that I baptized, see some of my areas, taste the food and call it good and go to the beach haha. If you want to be daring we can go to Rio de Janeiro and go to some nice beaches there. Here in São Paulo there is a lot of Shopping, I think there is a zoo and just some places to buy stuff for cheap.
Hey Elder Munk will be going home this month already? Let me know what day and tell him to write me when he gets back. Looks like I am the last one of the group that is making its way back home, can't believe how the time has flown by. I am doing my best to take advantage of my time while it still lasts. I heard a quote the other day that says this "the mission doesn't need you, but you need the mission". Either way the work will move on and I am simply an instrument in the lords hands and thanks to him he has made me better. I need the mission, I need the power it has to change peoples lives and behaviors. I need the chance to know my Savior more. I have learned an interesting principle, when you are working for someone you end up knowing them a lot better, when I worked at the movie theater I got to know the other workers and our bosses better. When you are in the Lords work you end up knowing him better too. You learn his love that he has for every single person even if they live in a very small room here in Paraisópoli. You learn how his atonement has power to forgive and undue what has been done. You see how people change and the light in their eyes grows as they look for more light of the Gospel. I am learning more about my savior just by doing his work here in São Paulo. There is lot to do and a lot to say to this people and I am glad that I have been called of God to work here.
Tchau Boa Semana para todas!
No comments:
Post a Comment