Well one of my missions here in Vila Andrade was completed last week. Meire a women that I found knocking on doors in August was baptized this week, it was a struggle, but was well worth it. So far we are with 2 baptisms to start off this month and we need only 10 more...yea just a little more right? And I thought jumping over a pole vault 15 feet in the air was hard, but this is going to be the challenge of the century. The other baptism was of brother Cícero who is the grandfather of the family that we baptized last month so we completed the family! But know they are going through a tough financial problem and they are a little discouraged.
We are working very hard not only in our super favela, but in all the areas in our Zone. Our goal is to have 12 baptisms in each area so we are working as a team to be able to reach this goal. We have started another chain of fast which is basically one person is given 2 days to fast and our whole zone is going to keep up the chain until we reach our goal. It has been a hard and very tiring week, but that makes part of the whole missionary experience right?
Mom thanks for the package I already finished the Gold Fish and I loved the tie, I got a lot of great comments on that tie. Also thanks for the Ring Pops I will give them next week to the bishops kids they are going to love them! They are really energetic and speak 3 languages, Spanish, Portuguese, and English haha I spoke English with them last week and I realized how rusty my English is. I am going to start reading in English again to get warmed up until I talk to you guys again at Christmas to avoid getting made fun of.
Well have a great week my time is running out and I have to write to the president still. Thanks for the emails and love you all a lot!
Tchau!
ELder Crandall
No comments:
Post a Comment