Nossa que semana louca!
It's good to hear that your week went great and loved the emails that I got today especial an interesting email from Nate who told me that he is going on a date with a Brazilian girl haha unnecessary.
This week went crazy, I am working in Cotia which is pretty much the country side of São Paulo, its great. There is no Funk music and no favela’s haha it's a very pretty place. I think the president felt bad putting me in all the big favela areas for almost 2 years and sent me here to feel a little better being away from all the traffic, pollution, and over population. I am with Elder Fernandes and we are having a great time and we will be baptizing a lot this week Coisa Boa! We originally had planned 2 baptisms last week but fell through and one was remarked for this Wednesday. Yea Daisy who is remarked for this Wednesday passes the baptismal interview, but said she wanted more time so we left her house sad and continued working until late at night. On our way home after visiting Samuel and Marcia who are almost done reading the book of Mormon. We saw a man curled up on the ground who looked like he was in his late 30 and he had a scratch on his face and on his arm and his bike was next to him with a box of pizza. I thought wow he looks bad and kept on walking home, but then felt in my heart that I needed to return back and help him out. So I said to my DL that we need to return and help. We found out that he was drinking and fell while going home to feed his family. So I picked up his super heavy back pack and my companion picked up the pizza and José the drunk man picked up the bike and we went walking. After awhile we entered into a dark forest haha. As we walked into the forest another man asked us when church starts on Sunday and asked if we could come by another day to teach so that was cool. And we continued through the forest at night and as we were walking I called for a pizza to eat because we were on a splits. Then we got close to some housed in the middle of no were and were greeted by a bunch of Dogs and managed to leave José with his 5 kids and wife. We then marked another day to go by and ran home. When we got home the pizza guy showed up and I prayed for the pizza and then saw a young lady run towards me. I looked and though I know this person and sure enough it was Daisy who came by our house to say she felt an answer and wanted to be baptized! After some last minute planning we marked her baptism for Wednesday! Also Samuel and Marcia will get married and will be baptized on the same day so next time there will be some cool pictures to show you guys.
I am exited to see you guys in 3 weeks and can't wait for you guys to eat the pizza here, drink Guaraná, eat rice and beans, see favelas, tan like crazy, learn Portuguese, go to the temple and many other fun activities haha.
Love you all so much and have a great week
Tchau
No comments:
Post a Comment