Wow what a week its been! I am feeling 150 percent better and we had a very successful week. Saturday and Sunday we had 3 baptisms and 3 confirmations YEA!!! I also gave a talk this Sunday that talked about what we should hope for. I listed off some things in life that we hoped for and share a scripture in Moroni 7 I think 27. Talks about that we need to have hope in Jesus Christ and his Atonement and through it we can return to the presence of our Father in Heaven if we according to our faith in the promise. So I had the privilege to baptize one of the three in warm water this time. The only problem was the other ward filled up the font and the plug came out. SO when it came time to baptize there was little water and it was super hard to dunk them completely in the water. One person had to get on their knees and do it ha-ha. But the important thing is everyone got baptized properly.
Also there has been a lot of miracles going on because of our ward fasting. Neusa an investigator we found knocking on doors. She is super firm for baptism on the 15th and she promised that she will stop smoking and bring her family to church too. So this week she brought her family and she is doing well with cigarettes. She told us about her dream that she had the other day. She said that in her dream her sister came up to her with a book of Mormon in her hand and asked if she will be baptized. Neusa said yes and then her sister said "Yes you need to be baptized on the 8th week, you are making the right choice". So we counted when we meet with her and when we marked her for baptism and it is exactly 8 weeks! Woa kinda freaky, but awesome at the same time! Also we have another golden investigator who said that she will read the entire book of Mormon before her baptism and she told us a really cool story. She has always wanted to talk to the missionaries, but never got a chance to because we walk really fast or we were on the other side of the street or one thing would stop her from talking to us. So she prayed that she would run into us in the street or something. After many weeks nothing and she really wanted to go to church but didn't know when they started. Well by inspiration the bishopric in our ward put up a cheap wooden sign that said we are inviting everyone to church and listed the hours. Because of this sign she went to church and we started teaching her. What is funny too is the Stake President asked us to take it down because it was against the law to have a wooden sign, but luckily it was up long enough to get her attention. On the mission I have come to realize that nothing happens by chance and that everything has a purpose and that miracles are real. I have never seen so many miracles happen in such a short time as I have seen here on the mission. I am super glad that I made this decision to serve a mission and I don't know what I would be doing if I chose not to go.
Transfers are coming up next week after General Conference and I hope that I stay in the area and see these great people be baptized and find more who are eagerly waiting to hear our message.
I will try to snag some pictures from my companion to send to you guys next week.
COM AMOR
ELDER CRANDALL
P.S why is everyone moving around? The Galbraiths are gone the Blakeleys moved into our ward, the Munks are think of moving out....Dad don't even think about it ha-ha
No comments:
Post a Comment