So P-day was amazing today. We went to a members house that is pretty much in the middle of no were and looks a lot like the sacred grove haha just kidding. We bought a bunch of meat and bread and tomatoes and grilled up some delicious meat. My companion and other missionaries in our district took some pictures so we will see if I can get them to send some pictures to me. The members house is super close to the lake and we took some photos next to the water, but didn´t jump in of course haha. Today was really hot and everyone says it is winter time down here so I am a little nervous when summer hits here and I will fry on the street. Mom and Dad I don't know what would be better to buy a camera here and take out a bunch of money from the bank to buy one or you send one in the mail (with my peanut butter haha). I really want my camera soon so I can take pictures of my area.
This week has been super rough for us. Our mission president set a goal for us to baptize one person per week next month. So that means we have to have a huge group of people to teach to have better odds of a baptism. Me and Elder Vianna are trying our hardest, but we are not having any luck what so ever. No one wants to go to church when it is so close to their houses!
Also I had a crazy experience this week! Mom don't worry this letter is proof that nothing happened to me haha. We have an investigator who left with us to visit his sister and her son on the other side of the avenue. When we arrived we knocked on the door and a really rugged drunk looking person opened the door and let us in. We meet the mom and she was smoking and put it out as soon as she saw us. She says she is addicted to a lot of things and is going through some really hard times right now. Then we meet Bruno...He put out his cigarette and looked at us and started to get really red in his face. He started to yell at us and swear in our faces. Then the mother asked the rugged looking man to help him clam down. We managed to sing a hym, and then Bruno got furious and was screaming even louder and the mother was crying so we decided to pray on our knees with the mother. While my companion was praying the mom was crying and screaming oh lord during the prayer and Bruno was starting to threaten us. We finished the prayer and Bruno was saying mom don't listen to them they are false leave my house Satan! That was when he picked up a knife that was super long. I said a quite prayer for comfort, and then Bruno came up to me with the knife and was screaming in my face and I didn't understand him because he was swearing the whole time I think. I was super calm because I knew the Lord would protect his servants. Bruno noticed that I wouldn't say anything and gave him no attention and he walked into the other room. I think all he wasted was attention and he was probably drugged up so we left the house before anything else bad could happen haha. But all is well, I want to return there and help out the mother and eventually Bruno haha.
This week also was interviews with President Pino. They live in the same apartment as President Jackson which is super sweet and is in a high rise. I waited a long time for my interview and when it was my turn the other missionaries had eaten lunch and ate almost all the food. So when my interview with him ended we walked into the kitchen and president Pino was worried that I wouldn’t have enough to eat. So he asked if he could make me some scrambled eggs and I accepted. He asked how many I wanted and I said I would like 2 and he said okay 3 it is! haha he is really funny and super excited about the mission. He talked about three things obedience, holy ghost and consistency. He said one will lead to the other and compared consistency to an elevator and an escalator. When you baptize one person you help people ride the elevator up, but after you have to ride back down. This cased a lot of ups and downs in your mission. But if you teach a lot of people at the same time you help them get on the escalator that only goes up. The mission is super tough and there is so much room for improvement its not even funny! I am liking my time with Elder Vianna, but I think its time to move on and move to a new area and start fresh and work my butt off. I love the mission and I love all of you so very much! Give Dane and Riley a Hug for me and tell them to wait for me to give my talk in 2013 haha. Stay strong and Wish DAD A good trip and I will try to write him a letter with goodies from brazil.
Com Amor
Elder Crandall
No comments:
Post a Comment