Wow it seems everyone is back home right now in Washington. I liked the pictures you sent me of Ella and Dad. Wow Miles is super big, I think he will be stronger then tommy in 2 years haha. That's cool that Becca got a job, Devin keep on keeping on você vai conseguir!
So this week me and Elder Vianna completed our goal of one free pizza! Ah I love pizza com chocolate, why don't we have this in the States? When I had peanut butter I put it in the crust with the chocolate also and it was super good! Devin if you want you can start a company selling pizza with chocolate in the crust with the side option of peanut butter. You could be a billionaire! haha. So today is not my P-day because the temple is on the 10th so we are only allowed to write for one hour today and have our p-day on the 10th which is pretty much spent on traveling to the temple and coming home. I am so excited for the temple! It is super beautiful and unfortunately I will be unable to send pictures because my companion can't send pictures to me because he doesn't want to get a virus on his camera again because of the lan housed here I guess they are pretty sketchy. Tudo bem, I will try to figure out how to buy a camera either this transfer or the next.
SO this week has been another week of Milagres! (miracles). Me and Elder Vianna fasted for one day entira. It was by far the hottest day that I have had in the field. My lips were super dry, but I stayed strong throughout the day and until after church. The sacrifice by me and my companion really paid off! We have two people ready for baptism! Larissa this week and Adam the following week! Larissa I found out not to long ago that she wasn't a member and the bishop gave the go ahead to start teaching her. We were hesitant at first because there were a pair of Elder who taught them and basically said the would go to hell. . But I think they have forgotten that experience and are really supportive of the baptism of Larissa. Adam was a miracle also because the parents are less active and they just randomly decided that their son should be baptized. Adam is awesome he is 9 years old and he talks and acts like he is 30 years old. He is very very proper and he is the only kid that actually likes to read. We gave him a book of Mormon and he started reading right on the spot. Last week was awesome and I am looking forward to what might happen this week! Transfers are on the 23rd and I am kind of hoping that I will move to another area and start fresh with another Elder. I have learned a lot of things from my fist area and I am excited to put in practice what I learned.
Also yesterday I almost threw up because I ate so much food! After church yesterday we had BBQ at a members house then we went to a less active members house and they just so happened to have janta or dinner and they gave us more food then we went to a investigators house and they gave us bolo or cake which was super good. Basically I don't feel like eating a lot today haha. I am loving the rice and beans down here and the language is coming along. I am a little worried that I will be District leader pretty soon, because generally they pair up new elders with leaders so they can learn to take their spot and I have already had 2 companions who are district leaders. There is so much to learn on the mission its not even funny! I have to learn everything that an Elder would serving in the states and then learn to do all that in a different language, Ridiculously hard. But one thing that my mission president said to me when I was down on my self is "the lord doesn't call the qualified, but he qualifies the called". There is hope for me even though I have my weaknesses and difficulties, but I know that if I do my part here on the mission I will be able to turn those weaknesses into a strength. I love all of you so very much and I wish I could be down there at Crescent bar with everyone, but I guess I will work in the hot sun and splash water on my face and pretend I am in Crescent Bar haha. Tell them not to flood the place until 20013 when I come back please haha. Maybe just maybe I can get the sisters in my district to take pictures and send them to me. Thanks for the prayers and the encouragement, and don't eat chicken feet they taste really funky.
Grande abraço
Elder Crandall
No comments:
Post a Comment