Elder Brendin Crandall

Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission Februaray 16, 2011 -2013 Link to Movie http://bcove.me/19tnef84

Address for Elder Crandall to copy and past

Elder Brendin Crandall
Miss. Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos
Rua Euzebio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina, Sao Paulo, Sp
CEP: 05638-100
Brazil

Monday, August 22, 2011

Here we go again!

Guess what, transfers came and went again ha-ha I am still in the same area with my same companion ha-ha. Its going to be a another fun and stressful transfer! This rarely never happens. My companion told me that usually companions stay together for 2 transfers together and rarely an elder will stay in the same area for more then 3 transfers. So I am kind of making history here which is cool and annoying at the same time. We marked to visit a lot of people during our P.day for me to give my farewell, but I will stay here so I get to waste a P.day only telling people that I am staying here ha-ha. I am a little nervous that during this transfer I will be transferred unexpectedly because a new group of elder will arrive in 3 weeks and maybe I will be transferred to make everything work out with the amount of Elders coming in (for example I have to open an area with a new elder).

So this week was fun working in the favelas. We made a contact with a guy in the favelas and we marked another day to pass by and while we were getting his address he was selling drugs right in front of us. It turns out that he and his girlfriend are the leaders of a drug gig and they own a small store that sells eggs, milk, candy, and apparently drugs also ha-ha. Also meet a couple who have a pretty big history also that ends up with them getting addicted to drugs their daughter live somewhere else and now they sell drugs. So it was a pretty interesting day and fairly dangerous except for a few people who scream Elders! Tudo Bem! every time we pass by ha-ha.

Wow you guys had quite the turn out this year at C- Bar. Thanks mom for the pictures by the way. So everyone went golfing at the other golf course this year. It looks like the next generation of Crandall has already begun thanks to Dustin and Melisa ha-ha. Its going to be so weird when I come back home I already know it, I tried speaking in English for 5 minutes straight and I keep saying words in Portuguese ha-ha and I am having more dreams in my new language. I am both happy and sad that I will stay in my area again. First we have a few baptisms lined up next month, but it will be even hard for me to be transferred to another area because it feels like this is home for me. It will feel like I have been called to another mission when I get transferred ha-ha. Tudo vai dar certo comcerteza! Pelo menos...at least I don't have to deal with a new companion in the same area again last time it was so difficult. We can continue to work our tails off and bring people closer to Christ our savior. I have been reading in 3 Nephi 11 when Jeus Cristo visited the Americas and taught the people. What is interesting is the people after Jesuse Cristo taught about baptism the people shouted hosanna which in Portuguese is salva-me or save me. Nephi was given the power to baptize the people and receive the holy ghost. Through Jesus Cristo our savior and redeemer we can be saved. But as it says in 1 Nephi 19 23 by that grace of god we are saved, after everything that we can do (more or less like this I read it in Portuguese first). Jesus Cristo kept his word and saved the people from their sins, but it is up to us to do our part to live with him again.

I love my area still and the members here are starting to turn around and make plans to increase the members in our ward. By December we have made a goal to divide the ward again and star a branch in the upper part of our area that really needs it. The members have set a lot of goals and plans to complete these goals and luckily I get to stay here and help get the work done and accompany the progress of the members. Well I got to run, I have tons of work to do and people to visit and BAPTISE!

Te amo! por favor ore por a obra aqui em Riviera Paulista que nos possomos encontar as peosoas quem nosso Pai está preparando! Obrigado todos!

Com grande abraço

Elder Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment