This week has been another tough one, but at least Elder Costa talked to us. I didn't get a photo personally, but he took a photo with all the missionaries! So I will be sending you a picture here in a bit. Well I just found out that this computer sucks and doesn't read my pin drive so it will have to be next week sorry.
Elder Costa is really funny and his talk in protugues was way better then it was in English. He showed me a lot of scriptures that I have been using a lot lately like Mark 9:23 If you can believe all things are possible to those who believe. My area is still suffering a little bit, but I like to think of it as a growing stage. Like bamboo it can grow to amazing heights in such little time, but the reason it can do that is it sits in the ground for 5 years preparing its roots and how every drop of water makes the difference, We have been marking a lot of Family nights with the members and we almost have the whole month of November filled up. So yea I know everything will turn out fine in a little bit. My companion was pretty sick this week also so that has kind of slowed us down as well. I don't know what's up but every companion that I have always gets really sick for at least one week. I am hoping that he gets better here in a bit.
Ha-ha I like the cool costumes, Dad I like the jacket ha-ha. Hey who is Shrek? I miss the good old Trunk or treat, but don't worry my companion got a package the other day filled with skittles and starburst and with luck he hates those candies so he gave them all to me ha-ha.
Today we are going bowling and I am pretty excited, it is pretty far in our area, but Its totally going to be worth it. Next week there will be a lot of sweet pictures I promise!
Also I had a dream were I got on the phone and was talking with Elder Calvert on the phone ha-ha so it was pretty good to catch up on him and his português is pretty good. I talked to him about my area and he told me how it was so different from the states ha-ha. Its pretty crazy to think I have 8 months on the mission now. Its passing by pretty fast and as soon as you know it we will be talking on Skype!
This week was pretty frustrating because no one was at home and the people on the street don't want anything to do with missionaries. We met a guy on the street who seemed pretty cool and he was talking about how all the churches are just getting money from people and we were pretty much on the same page for awhile until he started to talk about how there were 2 Jesus's and that the one that died for us was the second one that came into the world so I asked him were is the first one and then he started talking about other stuff and then I asked him again were in the scriptures is this written and he didn't remember. Then he got really annoying and just started talking and not listening to us and I got a scripture out to help him because he had a good amount of knowledge, but needed guidance and then every time I was about to talk he cut me off and even when I was talking he was talking or walking around. So at the very end I lost my patience with him and said Sr. I had a scripture that would have helped you, but you are not listening to us at all and I said I hope one day you may have another chance. He apologized and said sorry for taking up our time and we took off. As its says in D&C that My Elders shall teach and not be taught by others because I will teach them form on high. We have such a great message for everyone, but the hardest part is getting them to open the door or open their hearts.
This week was a pretty good test of my patience, but I don't have enough patience to tell it ha-ha. Thank you for all the emails and support!
Elder Crandall
No comments:
Post a Comment