Elder Brendin Crandall

Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos Mission Februaray 16, 2011 -2013 Link to Movie http://bcove.me/19tnef84

Address for Elder Crandall to copy and past

Elder Brendin Crandall
Miss. Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos
Rua Euzebio de Souza, 121
Jardim Londrina, Sao Paulo, Sp
CEP: 05638-100
Brazil

Monday, March 26, 2012

Visto Quase Vencido

First off...Para bens pra você! Quantos anos tem vida, muito felicidade, happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday MOM!!! 

I loved the pictures it sounds like the melting pot is the spot. I am trying to figure out how I can send something to you from here because I have to coordinate with the members here to bring it to the mail place that is out of my area. 

Dad I like the pictures, the pictures in the snow look pretty epic, we are definitely going to have to hit those up when I get back. So general conference is this week!! I am so excited because we are going to the stake capela to watch conference so we won't have to go to the school this week. Oh something funny that happened this week at church is a dog managed to sneak in the school with out anyone seeing it,  so when the meeting started the dog came out from hiding and was just hanging out with everyone. Then one of the members grabbed it by the neck and kick the poor thing out the big front door haha. So that was a good way to start out a spiritual meeting.

Oh the other day we taught someone who said that the law of tithing doesn't mean to pay 10 percent...well tithing in portuguese means Dizimo which actually means 10 percent haha and he said he went to church one time and said that all they talk about is paying tithing and he wanted someone to show him that tithing is a commandment in the scriptures...so I didn’t feel like embarrassing him in front of everyone so I didn't get the scriptures out, but I used a different approach which I thought was a lot better. I talked about the church of Christ and his teachings and talked about prophets, apostles and authority of God. I compared authority of God like a drivers license. People who have a drivers license have  permission to drive, but still there are people on the road who drive cars without this license. There are so many churches in this world run by so many pastors and other religious leaders who don't have this authority who "still drive a car on the road". There is only one authority and one church of God that has this authority and you can know that our church has this authority reading and praying about the Book Of Mormon. It was great until he said that he doesn't have a drivers license and he refuses to get one and that he already ran into a fire truck and said it was the fire mans fault. He said Jesus is the one driving not him, then he said that Jesus is the one who taught him to drive. So with people like this we need to learn how to have patience  and understand that peoples comprehension levels are completely different then ours and that we need to explain thing with clarity. That is why I love the Book Of Mormon, like the Bible it teaches the gospel of Jesus Christ but in a clear and much easier language to understand. Because it won't do you any good if you read the word of God and don't understand it. I am very grateful that I know the truth. It is incredible to think that there are so many interpretations for the same set of scriptures and all this can lead to so much confusion. There are so many people who want to learn the will of God, but don't know what is true or what to believe so they end up doing foolish acts under the impression that it is doctrinal. I feel for a lot for these people and I pray for them every night to have the lord open their heart to hear our message. Following the counsels of a living day prophet takes out all this confusion and teaches exactly what God wants of us. We as members of the  true Church of our Savior and Redeemer  have the blessing of hearing from a modern day prophet.  I am grateful for General Conference and I am 100% sure that one talk will change you life. I love you all so much and thanks for the pictures and letters! 

Beijinho  

Elder Crandall 

No comments:

Post a Comment